I thought i had updated this blog in October.
Apparently I was lying to myself.
Last I updated was two months ago in September. I hadn't forgotten, not truly, its just every time i thought about it....I felt too lazy to start.
Much has happened since then.
I started spending more time in the cays with my teams. I feel happier there, and its just so gorgeous I felt the lack of electricity, a proper toilet and such didn't even matter. I had a blast! Work hard, play hard, and nap a lot. That was my mantra.
I spent a lot of time with my Canadian friends. These six girls made my transition into life here in Lagoon so much more bearable. I will miss you all so much when you leave in two weeks!!! :(((
My dad visited at the end of October. I went to pick him up in bluefields and then dropped him off when he left, 5 short days later. I cried both times. I miss my family tons.
My friend Jen came and visited me and helped me with work in the beginning of November...Thanks so much Jen, having you here was a blast!!!! So many more crazy stories to add to our Central American adventures together!
I miss home a lot still. I have less than a month before I fly back into Miami. I'm most excited to see my mom. She left a week before i did to Colombia and so it will be more than 6 months since we last saw each other. The longest I've ever been away from her! I will also hug the crap out of my little brother, no matter how much he protests haha. Sadly my dog Fluffy will not be there to greet me as he always has the past 14 years of my life. He died October 10th. There will be a definite hole in our family when I arrive.
I've learned a lot about myself these past 5 months here in Nicaragua.
- I am still a very angry person (mostly when it comes to sea turtle conservation here). All sellers of hawksbill products beware when i have a couple of tonas in me
-my skin still hates the humidity.
-i walk faster than anyone here. I book it everywhere.
-i like my freedom here. so much so, i consider renewing my contract just to keep it.
-i still really hate cockroaches
Really though, i HATE THEM.
..................
My macbook trackpad stopped working in the beginning of October so I am missing some pictures but I have plenty to share besides that. Also, they are very out of order....
Enjoy!
 |
| The night we climbed on top of the rama bus. :D |
 |
| Crawl Cay |
 |
| The boys fishing!!! |
 |
| Coco! |
 |
| Frying up our catch! |
 |
| Green turtle caught for food :( |
 |
| Shivani and I hanging out at Freds |
 |
| Baseball game |
 |
| Baseball...what else is there to do? |
 |
| Green turtle |
 |
| Alison and her first turt! |
 |
| Turtle release! |
 |
| The Farm! |
 |
| Random conservation session with the kiddies |
 |
| Dad!!! |
 |
| Claudia preparing the breadkind for run down |
 |
| The crew plus Jeff haha |
 |
| Claudia! |
 |
| Panoramic of us all hanging out |
 |
| Brenner <3 |
 |
| Little thug :D |
 |
| Walking to the farm! |
 |
| Hatchling! |
 |
| :D |
 |
| Dad with the oranges we picked |
 |
| Juvie Hawksbill |
 |
| Rundown |
 |
| Headed to the Cays |
 |
| My dad fishing in the Western Carribean |
 |
| hatchlings |
 |
| :D |
 |
| A WHOLE NEW WOORLLDDD |
 |
| Walking to Haulover |
 |
| Horse |
 |
| La loma in Bluefields |
 |
| :D |
 |
| Canada and America Alliance |
 |
| Halloween 2013 |
 |
| Baboon Cay |
 |
| Jens first night out |
 |
| Kukra Hill Adventure |
 |
| Moscom |
 |
| Turtle Girls unite |
 |
| Her first Hawksbill hatchling |
No comments:
Post a Comment