I was thinking about how i got to this point.
Before the schooling, the internships and jobs...it all started with my parents.
Mom and Dad,
You have survived the last 23 (almost 24) years of this crazy, temperamental child of yours. Thank you for putting up with me and most of all thank you for all your support. I know you were both skeptical when i first decided to switch my major during Undergrad but when you came out to see me do my thing, out in Melbourne Beach, you caught a glimpse of what drives me. And you both saw that i would work hard to make a place for myself. Something I am still fighting to do.
Thank you for supporting me both mentally and financially at times when i decide to work for very little or no pay to conserve these amazing creatures. Thank you for listening to me, for debating with me on pros and cons, but most of all thank you for being yourselves.
I love both of you for who you are, no matter what happens, no matter where we all end up. Know that I would not be the person I am without both your positive influences.
You crazy, turtle loving daughter,
Melissa
P.S. I know this was really sappy, i promise turtley goodness in the next post. For your patience....a view of my commute:
I wouldn't be to jealous, the rain will get me. :D
Congrats! Always do what makes life worth living. Life is too short and we are too young ;)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy
Ps: Nicaragua is very beautiful. You should come to Brazil to work with the turtles here... check it out whenever u have the time
http://www.tamar.org.br/
(:
I LOVE TAMAR! I have been looking to work with them for over a year now, It seems tough to get in, but they have tons of projects all over. I WANT! :D
Delete